Friday, January 27, 2012

Pathiri in Coconut Milk


This is sweet recipe with leftover ari pathiri. It was our childhood favorite.  It is very simple recipe and a good way to make use of it. The addition of shallots and curry leaves makes its taste heavenly.
I thought I already posted Ari Pathiri recipe. But when checked to link it up only I realized I have missed it. Anyways I will post it soon.
Ingredients
Ari Pathiri: 10
Coconut Milk (Fresh & thick): 1-2 cups
Sugar: 3tbsp
Shallots/pearl onion: 5
Curry leaves: few
Oil: 2tbsp
Method of Preparation
Roll together the pathiris and cut into small pieces (can make into thin strips). Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add chopped shallots.
When it turns brown add curry leaves and simmer the flame and add coconut milk and sugar to it.
Stir well, when it slightly heats switch off the flame and add chopped pathiris. (do not bring the coconut milk to boil)
Stir and serve hot.

Note: If you keep it long time pathiri will get soaked in coconut milk, the better way is to keep chopped pathiri and coconut milk separate and at the time of having, mix it up.

Sending this to simply.food’s
Kitchen Chroinics sending to VEENA'SSTARTES BY KALYAANI ---COOKING WITH LEFTOVER

22 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Well done, wat a leftover magic.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Very yummy...What a way to use up leftovers Faseela

Unknown said...

It looks creamy and delicious...

Elpiniki said...

Looks yummy!
I just found your blog and I love it! Am a happy follower now! Visit me at:
my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
Hope to see you around!

NiVi said...

intersting food from leftovers.. i have not tried pathiri before.. Looks so delicious :)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

i have never tried pathiri be4.. Looks so yummy n delicious :)

Padhu Sankar said...

Sounds very interesting! Looks so nice

Sravs said...

Quiet new to me !! so interesting and yummy !!

Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

Hema said...

Looks so delicious, waiting for your pathiris post dear..

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

This sounds wonderful, looking fantastic!

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Oh Faseela, I love it and my kids fav too. I do it without tempering, fresh pathiri in sweet coconut milk, heavenly delicious..

Vimitha Durai said...

Creamy and yummy combo... Will try soon

Spicy-Aroma said...

looks so delicious..fantastic recipe!!

Kitchen Simmer said...

I am unfamiliar with this ingredient (Pathiri).. but the dish looks creamy and delicious. I love curry leaves so I know it must taste really yummy. :)Have a great weekend!! ~ Ramona

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and tempting recipe. I too would try it soon.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Julie said...

Lovely n delightful!!

Erivum Puliyum

Christy Gerald said...

Yum yum pathiri Dessert.Nice Idea!.

Aarthi said...

YUMMY YUMMY

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

@lekshmi said...

pathiri in coconut milk......quite interesting....i'll try this recipe......

abraham said...

yummy... love it...regards susan

Asiya Omar said...

Good Idea,nice recipe..

Roshu said...

Great dear....will surely try this for my tammu